Saturday, December 6, 2008

Saturday Before We Leave

We leave for China in almost 3 days exactly. I have been starting to pack today and am starting to feel more at ease (less panicky). The medications, DVD and movies/headphones/coloring and other entertainment for kids, camera, all things power related, gift related, and shower/get ready related are finished and what clothing to take is sorted out in my head. Only one more shopping trip to make tomorrow to get pullups for the Rooster (doing really good at night, but not quite good enough) and some food for the freezer when we return.
I put up pictures of the Rooster, in her princess outfit that she got for No Cavities at the Dentist a couple of weeks ago, and the Horse in his Birthday Crown last May. We'll be able to post pictures of them together soon which just brings tears to my eyes.
I feel like we have been waiting to go get the Horse for an eternity. As a matter of fact, the waiting this time has been much harder and I am sure it is because I had a face the whole time to picture in the orphanage and wonder what he was doing and whether he thought that we were not really going to adopt him.
I hope that is not what he thought.
He has had a hard life so far, but I hope he has had his own happiness in his own reality up to now.
We meet him for the first time on the afternoon of December 14th.
I may not post again before we leave since there is alot to do still. Those Christmas Cards aren't' going to get addressed and mailed by themselves and I am going to mail them before we leave!
The weather in Beijing is supposed to be 47 on Thursday and Friday and then 37 on Saturday. We go to Jiangxi on Sunday morning and stay through the 19th. The weather is supposed to be in the mid to upper 50's and low 60's. Then on the 19th we are off to Guangzhou where the weather is supposed to be in the upper 60's.
If I don't post again, Merry Christmas to all.

1 comment:

Dave, Lauren, Jack and Nora said...

YAY! We cannot wait to see that sweet boy come HOME! Take care of yourselves over there and we look forward to seeing pictures!
xo The Rizzos/Kornfelds