Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas Day and then Santa Came Friday Night

We all slept till about 9:30 a.m. on Christmas day and then I made everyone get up. The day was spent in pajamas, playing, eating, and watching TV and movies. We all napped in the afternoon and I didn't feel very good the whole day. Most of the laundry got done, but not much else. Daddy's twin brother came by at about 5 right when we were about to eat Easy Mac (mmmm, mmmmm)and stayed for about 1 hour.
Not much else was done that day which was just fine with all of us.
We went to bed late and the kids were both up in the middle of the night -- bummer. Friday we got up a little earlier and the day went pretty good. I decided no naps on Friday in hopes of more sleep Friday night. Dad went to work for about 5 hours on Friday to check on his jobs and all was well and there were even 2 checks waiting for him - bonus.
I cut up some shapes and stars for the kids to decorate with crayons and that is what we decorated the fake Christmas tree with this year. Once I get the memory cards on the computer (Maybe tonight??? or not) I'll post some pictures here.
Santa was coming on Friday night and we were really glad that we had wrapped everything before we left. We had everything in the living room and we were watching the movie Stealth which didn't end till 1:10 or something in the morning, when the Rooster came walking out. She actually didn't see anything and finally went back to bed when we did. Santa had to come early in the morning.
We got up at about 8 Saturday morning and the Horse was really excited when he saw the presents.
One thing that I am not sure that I posted about earlier is the Christmas decorations, advertisements, Christmas Eve and Day dinners in all the hotels in China. I knew that Guangzhou would have Christmas around, but it was huge everywhere!! I think that the Horse may have already known about it.
All the presents were opened in record time and there was very watchful eyes to see if each got as much as the other. The Rooster said "he got more than me" (which wasn't true, but oh well).
My parents, brother D and Dad's daughter S came over later for more presents and dinner which was really nice. Later we watched the movie Bolt that I bought in China and took it easy for the rest of the night.
Sunday Dad put together the infamous Red Kitchen that Santa brought, the kids played and I started to feel much better. In the afternoon we put the Horse's car seat in the car and went to the big playground in Golden. The kids played hard and then it was on to Woody's for pizza. The kids had chicken tenders based on the Horse's disdain for Pizza Hut in China and we all had a nice time.
It is good to be home.
The translator that I bought in China is proving to be invaluable in communicating with the Horse. He is starting to understand some things, but it is really nice to be able to type in exactly what I want to say to him and push the button and have it tell him in Mandarin. Finally on Sunday night everyone slept through the night.

1 comment:

Dave, Lauren, Jack and Nora said...

So cute! I love hearing about all of this. YOU MUST SEND OR POST PICTURES!!! Much love, Lauren (and Jack!)