Monday, December 22, 2008

Red Couch, Lucy's, and Monday and Tuesday Morning in Guangzhou

On Sunday afternoon we did the Red Couch photos and Daddy was able to get the Horse mostly happy for the photo session. The babies all did pretty good and it was a few minutes before there were tears. They and us will have non-crying red couch photos - very different from the Rooster's red couch group photos!
For dinner on Sunday, we went to Lucy's and ate outside. I had a peanut butter sandwich that had a sum total of 1 tsp of peanut butter on it and some jelly, but it was still good. dinner went well and afterwards we went to Jennifer's Place to pick up the laundry. After that it was back to the room and to bed and a difficult day was ended.
Monday we got up and went to breakfast and then to the room to wait to hear that all was well at the consulate appointment. Jason, our guide, called at about 11:20 and all was well. Then afterwards we all went to order name chops and then to Starbuck's for Mochas. They were good. The Horse wanted a fruit cup and he devoured it. He and the Rooster shared a Mango/Papaya or something and then to the playground. We stayed for awhile until about 1:20 p.m. and then back to the room for naps. I went to the Pearl Market with my Mom and we looked around. We went to the Womens and Essentials Store to buy the translator.
No one spoke english in the store but I finally think they understood and they got the one to work. I paid and then we went to the DVD store. I bought 5 movies for under 100 Yuan. Not a huge selection, but good enough. When I got back to the room at about 5 p.m. the Rooster was really sick and had thrown up and been on the toilet quite a bit. While Jason was trying to see if the translator that I bought was the correct one, she was getting sicker by the minute. We ended up taking her to the clinic and got 2 prescriptions for the diarrhea and stomach pain. One of them smelled so bad (crushed up pill) that she wouldn't drink it mixed with water, then sugar too, then liquilyte, then Kood-aid too, so I gave up. She finally drank all of the other one with the concoction. We ordered room service which I am sure will cost us dearly, but was the only real choice at the time.
tuesday morning, the Rooster was feeling better and did sleep through the night and the Horse's Benadryl test went well, so we will use that for the long plane ride. Daddy and the Horse got entranced with the Transformers movie, so the Rooster and I went to breakfast with Grandma and Grandaddy where she eate 3 pieces of toast with homey and a few bits of banana. Later, since neither Jason nor I could get the translator to say anything in Chinese, we went back to the store to make sure that it would and to have them show him and explain how it works. It took awhile, but it does work (Sentence Translator is the part - just in case I forget) and it is neat. I found some spiral notebooks with blank paper for drawing and coloring on the trip home and we came back to the hotel. I went to pick up the name chops and did some more shopping and then back to the room where I found all 3 of them watching TV and relaxing. I went back to 7-11 for bread, peanut butter and then we had sandwiches for lunch. We may just do that for dinner again - cheap and easy and good!!
this afternoon, we go for the oath and tomorrow home - YAYYY!

No comments: