Sunday, May 3, 2009

She is never coming back . . .





Explaining to the kids about Jasmine's death was very hard for me. Mostly because I could not stop crying (and still am having a hard time). At the end of the day Thursday, Daddy and I took our baby to the vet so that they could arrange for her cremation. Then we went to get the kids at daycare. I had been crying all day so looked pretty bad. They both kept asking why I was sad and why I was crying and I just told them that we were going to talk about it when we got home. I had read a few articles on pet loss and children and how to tell them during the day.
After I got home, I told them that Jasmine wasn't there, was she? And that she had died. The Rooster wanted to know when she was coming back. so I explained that Jasmine's body just didn't work anymore and that she was never coming back because she had died.
I think that she and the Horse then understood. Later that evening, we went our for Dining Our For Life, and we went to pick up Grandaddy, and as soon as he got into the truck, the Rooster blurted out "Jasmine Died" so that he would know. Over the past few days, we have talked about Jasmine and that we should remember the happy times we had with her and that it is OK to be sad because we will miss her. As I type this, I can't help but cry and the Rooster is here with me looking at pictures of Jasmine. It will be a long time, before I can think of her without crying. Everywhere I look in the house and especially out in the yard (Her Yard - the most favorite place for her all the time) reminds me of her. It is very quiet at our house without her. Both the kids are saying that Jasmine died, and she/her is not never coming back.

No comments: