Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Happy Birthday Horse!!

Today has finally come! It is your 7th birthday - you have been anxiously (very) awaiting this day for months. I love you.

This morning when the Horse was woken up, I don't think he remembered that it was his birthday. When I said Happy Birthday and come on get up Birthday Boy, he sprang up and had a huge smile on his face. He was really grinning! Tonight he gets noodles (not the good ones, oh no, he wants ramen and so does his sister) and strawberries - his all time favorite fruit for dinner. The rest of us are getting Chinese takeout, including jiaozi (dumplings) which I am sure he will share since he loves them. I will go get balloons and have them in the car when I pick him up and then after dinner it's a cake with a firetruck on it (per his request) and presents! He took cupcakes to school to share with his class and they should make him a crown. I'll have to replace the picture of him last year at the orphanage eating the cake we sent with his crown on and am happy that he is here this year with us for his birthday.

No comments: