Monday, January 12, 2009

The Horse's First Day of School



The Horse started school today and had a nice day. He learned how to write his first name. The camera wouldn't work once we got to his classroom, so the picture is of the 2 of them on the bench in the front room of the school.
I have to say that at about 11 a.m. the phone rang and the caller ID said Kindercare and my heart dropped! Luckily, it was his teacher calling to say that he was doing really good. By the time we picked him up at about 1 p.m., he was really doing good. There are about 4 other kids that don't go go the public school for Kindergarten and they were all in the room at that time. I certainly hope that today is a sign for the future and that he continues to like school.
On another note, today within 1 hour time, the Pathfinder's driver seat broke, I hit the garage door with the Truck, and the snowblower wouldn't start. I will have to go back to work soon to pay for all of this!! It wouldn't be our house if I don't hit at least the frame or door of the garage with some vehicle!! This makes 2 houses in a row - my poor husband - I thought that I had just tapped it, but there is a panel cracked with a teeny hole. I think that you can barely notice it - yeah right!
We shoveled the snow - about 6 - 8 inches and then took the Pathfinder to the garage to get fixed. We really want to keep the car, but if we keep having issues, it might be time for a new car.
Yesterday was fun when the kid's friends came over and we will for sure do it more often. We went to Red Lobster for dinner and it was really good - the bartender spoke Mandarin so that was a small treat for the Horse. We could actually ask him what he wanted and I was pretty close!

1 comment:

Dave, Lauren, Jack and Nora said...

The picture here is PRICELESS! They both look so happy! Sounds like his first day of school went really well too- fingers crossed that he keeps this up. :)
xo