Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Doctors, Doctors and More Doctors

Poor Horse has been to a doctor every day since Friday, but today was the worst --he had the blood draw for the tests. I really felt for him and he screamed and cried the whole time. They had to draw from both arms -- boo hoo.
We actually scheduled his first surgery yesterday - it will be 2 weeks from today. I don't know if I am going too fast, but I really want to be home from work for the first surgery and recuperation. The doctor said that it will be about a 2 day recuperation before he can go back to school and the Horse will have to have multiple surgeries over the next 18 months or so to accomplish the goal of hopefully being able to wear a prosthetic eye. On a good note, I really did like the doctor and I think that the Horse did too. No more doctor visits for the near future which will be good for all of us.
Our Hawaii trip may not happen because it is not too long after the surgery, but that is not as important as the Horse!
The Horse will probably start Kindergarten next week part-time (partly to get the school used to him and partly to let him get used to school here). He is really excited to start school or so he seemed today when I asked him if he wanted to start Kindergarten soon.
He is still really emotional (read cry) but seems to be getting better slightly every day.
As my Dad always tells me -- "Patience is a Virtue" and boy is that true!!!!!
P.S. -- I have had 2 glasses of Shiraz tonight and am feeling good!

1 comment:

Dave, Lauren, Jack and Nora said...

This is LAuren writing, obviously, not Jack, but have I mentioned that I love you!? :) Loving this post- not that Horse has to have surgery of course, but your last sentence made my day. All sounds very promising with the surgeries for the Horse and while it may suck now, it'll be WELL worth it at the end. He'll thank you for it some day!!